I was looking around to find a good source which would allow me to control the background of the eclipse. I like black background with white text as foreground. Doing so in eclipse is not straightforward.
My System setup is:
- Ubuntu 8.10
- Eclipse Ganymede (3.4) with CDT
Follow the steps to get black background with white foreground for source code editing part of eclipse.
- Select Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ (language editor you need to change for) -> Editor. In the Appearance color options change the following
- Matching brackets highlight (Color #FFA500)
- Inactive code highlight (Color #302E2E)
- Completion Proposal background (Color #000000)
- Completion Proposal foreground (Color #FFFFFF)
- Parameter Hint Background (Color #000000)
- Parameter Hint Foreground (Color #FFFFFF)
- Source Hover Background (Color #F5F5B5)
- Select Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ (language editor you need to change for) -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring
- In the Code, change all the ones with black color to white and vice versa and leave the rest as they are.
This will give you the colors you want. I know its tedious but that’s the only way to do it at present.